Friday, May 14, 2010

I mentioned in the previous post that I had started a May-mester class as soon as Spring semester finished up, and I'm beginning to wonder if that was such a great idea! My minor is History, so I try to choose classes that I think will be interesting, and thought this class entitled North American Indian's would be pretty cool, but I was mistaken. I have to keep myself awake,and try to take notes! Since it is a May-mester we are learning the whole curriculum in four weeks instead of three months like in a normal semester, and it's four days a week for 2 1/2 hours ahh, but I only have 13 days left, and then I begin two June classes. I really dislike not having my Summers off, but if I plan to finish up next Spring I have to. Here is a little drawing I did (the cover of my book) during class one day,at least I'm drawing something relevant to the class so that makes it okay right?


If you are a Communication major you have to do two media workshops before you can do your internship. Basically that means you must work two semesters for either the radio, television, or newspaper at JSU. For my schedule it was easier for me to work for the radio. I worked Spring semester for them, and now Summer, so as soon as I finish Summer I will have completed my required media workshops, and will be able to do my internship at a new station in the Spring, since my Fall schedule will be full. I work on rotation as a d.j. at the radio on Thursdays from 2-4. I am majoring in television, and you would think it would be easier to speak into the microphone on the radio with no cameras around, but I thought wrong. I get sooo nervous on the radio, and am very glad I'm going into television ha! You can listen to our campus radio station any time at: http://wljs919fm.ning.com/ So check us out sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment