Monday, May 31, 2010

Last week finished up my Maymester class which was a blessing because a girl can only handle so much information about American Indians!  Friday Blake, and I joined our friends Chase, and Ashley for her birthday dinner at Fuji Japanese Grill in Oxford.  I could kick myself for not taking any photos!  I even carried my camera in with intentions to take some pictures.  We had fun, but did not have a very good cook.  The one we had cook in front of us was okay, but we realized he didn't have as many tricks up his sleeve as the others when the one beside us caught his hand on fire (on purpose), and threw fire rings onto his hat! We still had great food, and enjoyed eating with Chase, and Ashley.  Saturday was "Return to Sardis City" day, and despite the weather the crowd was decent.  Blake, and I ran the 5k together, and we both finished I am proud to say even though he smoked me!  He finished around 20 something minutes, and I finished at 34 something minutes.  My cousin Doug who I sometimes refer to as "uncle Doug" is running for Etowah County Board of Education in November, and he was there campaigning so I wore my Vote Doug Sherrod shirt around and helped campaign!  Then the rain decided to ruin the event, and all of the vendors, and events closed around 3:00.  I really hope they decided to do the event again next year minus the rain!





Almost at the finish line!



Vote Doug Sherrod!

Breonna's flower tent "Whoops-a-Daisy!





Blake headed for the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment