Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fantastic Friday!

Friday was quite an exciting day for me.  Most of you who follow my blog know that I am interning at News Channel 19 in Huntsville.  I LOVE everything about the news business,and being at WHNT19.  The people who work there,the work environment, the way they conduct the news, it is just a great place all around! On Friday when I went into work I had one of the directors approach me, and............offer me a JOB!!! How excited was I you are probably thinking, well I will tell you, I really thought I might start crying tears of pure joy!  When I began there I knew this was the place I wanted to work after I finished school,but the news industry can be very competitive, so I was not sure about being able to land a job at WHNT19 out of college.  I thanked, and prayed to God almost everyday on my hour and half commute, first for blessing me with this opportunity, and secondly to please help me to be able to find a job in Huntsville after school! Not all the time,but a lot of times people will have to begin in a smaller market out of state or in another city then work their way up to the size of market they want to be in,so this is such a blessing to be offered a job at the station I wanted to be at, and so close to my friends, and family!  I had to call Blake on my lunch break to tell him the good news, and he asked what position I was offered, and I have no clue what it was or will be, but that does not matter! I will gladly take whatever they offer, so that I can gain the experience needed, and work my way up to the position I want, which is a reporter then anchor. 


After my day at work on Friday Blake, and I met up with one of his friends he works with, Brian.  We three went on the Downtown Huntsville Ghost Tour, and it was great!




 We had a wonderful guide, and the homes were gorgeous, they were the Antebellum 1800's style homes.  I have two photos in which I say is a ghost in the window.  My mom,dad, and Blake checked them out,and agree on one for sure, and the other is "iffy".  When I uploaded them onto Facebook you could not see the supposed ghosts as clearly :(  The ghost tours ended Halloween night, but start again in the Summer.  There are three different tours you can choose from, and we chose the Twickenham Historic District, so I would love to do the other two next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment