Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gubernatorial Debate

Last Tuesday I was able to take part in WHNT's Gubernatorial Debate that they held at Athens State University.  It was my first time to witness, and help with.  Denise the News Director at WHNT19 invited me to tag along, and help her out.  Most people including myself don't realize what all it takes to plan event like this, and behind the scenes!  I already knew who I was going to vote for,but the debate just reassured me.  It was between Democratic Candidate Ron Sparks, and Republican Candidate Robert Bentley.  I will not disclose any details,but will say it is interesting to see how people carry themselves, and act when the cameras are not rolling ;) This was the day last week many remember that we had tornado warnings,ans watches about all day long,so we were worried about the turnout of people, but thankfully they were not deterred by it, and we still had a great crowd show up! I snapped two photos on my phone, which is why the clarity is not very good.







No comments:

Post a Comment