Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hello December!

Where has this year gone?! I cannot believe that in a few short weeks it will be a new year, and not to mention that Christmas is in 21 days!  Speaking of Christmas I have done absolutely no Christmas shopping,but that is not unusual for me, because you can usually find me a day or two before Christmas out picking up some last minute gifts!  Changing subject...I wrote about me doing my internship in a few earlier posts, well I finished my internship at News Channel 19, and they hired me work part-time in production until the end of December, and I resume classes at JSU.  I had an amazing experience during my internship from the people I worked with to the stories I was able to go out on with reporters it was amazing!  As awesome as that experience was it is even more awesome to get to work for them, and get paid (internship was unpaid)! I have learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes in the production aspect, and I never realized how hectic it can be!  I have been learning the "Chyron", which is the machine that puts the graphics in for the director to take, and put on air. Example: When it shows at the bottom of your screen someones name, and their title, a mug shot, or any type photo onto the screen that is what I help design, and have ready for the director. Here are some photos I took with my phone of the temporary control room we are in until they finish remodeling our old control room.


  This is the view I have.  The "chyron" on the left, and the other screen shows me the lineup of the show, and allows me to create graphics, that I then transfer onto the "chyron", and then back to the computer on the right.


This is where the director sits.  I have no clue what all of these buttons do,but thankfully "Tater", the night director knows.  You have to be on your A-game to direct a show, there are so many things to keep up with.


This is where the producers sit.  They are responsible for writing all the news stories, so what you hear the anchors saying from the teleprompter is what they have written, and they are also responsible for keeping up with if we are over or under on the show time, and if we are over they usually have to decide to "kill" some stories so we won't go over our time allotment.


This is to the left of where I sit.  At the bottom left is where our camera operator sits.  He is in charge of camera 1- which in a two anchor show is the one the male usually looks at.  Camera 2- is used when you have a two shot of the male, and female anchor.  Camera 3- Is usually used for the female anchor.  

 
I hope you enjoyed the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment