Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Friday night Chase, Ashley, and I rode together and met Blake at Bridgestreet for dinner and a movie. I haven't mentioned on here that Blake is now living in Madison with his brother and working in Huntsville for the Arsenal. He comes home on Fridays and stays through Sunday, so I always look forward to the weekends because I know that means I get to see his little face! Anyway back to the story... this past summer we all four went to Bridgestreet and tried P.F. Chang's so we decided to go back and try a different place. We hope to try and eat at a new place at Bridgestreet periodically until we have eaten at every place there. This visit we met Blake at this new restaurant that had recently opened called The Smokehouse.

It is a more upscale BBQ restaurant. We each got something different and all enjoyed our food. Chase got the ribs, and I have always heard people say "ribs fall off the bone" well his literally did! After our meal we shopped at some of the stores until our movie began. After shopping around for a while we decided on some ice cream from The Orange Tree. It is what I call "healthy ice cream" meaning it doesn't have much flavor and isn't really that good, but it was still ice cream so we satisfied our sweet tooth!
After our ice cream rendezvous it was time for our movie. Monaco Pictures is the movie theatre at Bridegestreet and is supposedly one of the nicest in the Southeast. Something we liked about it was that when you purchase your tickets from one of the machines before hand you it shows a diagram of the theatre seating, and you choose what seat you want. I like that because, you don't have to arrive really early to get great seats. We saw Avatar in 3-D, and I was thinking 3-D oh how neat, but after two hours I was looking at my watch saying when is this gonna be over? I'm not a big fan of Sci-fi type movies anyway, I'm more for the comedies and love stories. We had a great time, and can't wait until we can go back again!




No comments:

Post a Comment