Thursday, September 9, 2010

Internship Day 1



 Well as usual, it has been quite a while since I have blogged!  The only time I am able to blog is when I have a day off or am sick.  I wanted to blog about what is currently going on in my life right now!  I as some of you know am majoring in Broadcast Journalism, which ultimately means that when graduate my dream is to become a news reporter, and then work my way to a news anchor!  When I was around  the ages of 9 or 10 years old, I would set up the ironing board, and write some mock news stories then away I would go! lol  By the time I graduate next August I will have officially been in school for six years for a four year degree!  I am so thankful for that though, reason being I knew, and God knew that I would not be happy with the two previous majors-Elementary Education, and Interior Design.  Thankfully he led me to my current major with the help of my cousin Wendy!  Now to what's currently happening in my life!-------------------->  On Tuesday I began my Fall Internship with Huntsville news station WHNT-19 News!  I was so nervous about beginning with new people who I didn't know, and they didn't know me, but I could not be working with, and around the most wonderful people!  I had went to another Huntsville news station about possibly interning, but I just didn't get the same feel from them when I walked in, as I did at 19.  When I arrived on Tuesday one the reporters Venton Blandin met me, and gave me a tour of the office!  I got to see the news studio which is much larger than I expected.  I then got to meet Dan Satterfield, the Meteorologist I have been watching since I was younger! Next he took me to the newsroom where all the producers, cameramen, and anchors all work, and write/edit stories.  I met Jerry Hayes, and Elise Morgan who I watch on the 10 o'clock news every night!  I am not going to lie I was so excited, okay as giddy as a school girl! lol  I am going to try and document this amazing experience daily or weekly! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment