Thursday, September 9, 2010

Internship Day 2

DAY 2 of my internship was even more exciting than the first!  On Tuesday they told me that I would get to go out with reporters, and camera guys on Wednesday!  So, when I came in the producers, assignment managers, and reporters met to discuss what stories to cover on that day.  After that I was told I would be going with Dion (camera guy) out to Legacy Elementary School in Madison. Little did I know I would be going, and upon returning writing that story for the 5 o'clock news!  Dion informed of this on the way over, I was nervous,but hey you have to start somewhere!  We filmed Colonel Robert Pastorelli, and the three Superintendents of Huntsville City, Madison City, and Madison County Schools all there speaking to children.  After we returned back to the station I got to meet the Huntsville City Mayor, and Dion then filmed an interview with him in front of the station.  It was time for lunch after that, and then I headed with the Assignment Manager Tim Hall to the Huntsville City Police Department, where they were holding a press conference about their new Communications Relations Officer for the Department.  After that it was back to the station, and it was then time for me to begin writing my story!  I had writers block for a few moments then my brain started working.  I of course had to text my whole family, and say watch the 5 o'clock news, I wrote that story about ....... lol My next day is Friday, and I am ready to jump back in.  Every night before I close my eyes I stop,and take the time to thank the Lord for blessing me with this experience.   Here are a few pictures I have taken so far. I didn't want to look like a tourist taking photos non stop! 


The newsroom



Huntsville City Mayor

The outdoor Weather Garden

Assignment Board

No comments:

Post a Comment