Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Internship Day 4

Before I headed to work on Monday I dropped Blake off at the Huntsville airport.  He, and another guy he works with were leaving from Huntsville, then onto Atlanta Int. airport, then landing in Bogota, Colombia. (Below is a picture of Bogota.  Blake informed me that it is Colombia's equivilant city to our New York City)



  I always worry about him, and his safety when he flies, but thankfully I received an email around 10:00 p.m. Monday night from him saying he had arrived safely.  He isn't able to call, but can communicate via-email.  After I dropped him off I decided to try and navigate my way to Channel 19's studio without the GPS, and I am proud to say I made it! I know that may not sound like a very big feat to some, but to me it is, because I am still trying to find my way around Huntsville.  I came into work and then headed to grab some lunch.  I was in the mood for some Chinese so I found this Chinese bistro called, MEI-WEI, and let me tell you it was the worst $10 I have ever spent!  I ordered Terriyaki Beef, and fried rice, and when I returned back to the studio I realized they had given me sesame chicken, and it was dark meat which I DO NOT eat! Yuck! I threw it away, and decided to eat my fried rice, and unfortunately it had absolutely NO flavor. 


After lunch I was asked if I could run the teleprompter for the five, and six o'clock news.  Now I have run the teleprompter for before in one of my classes at Jacksonville, but never for the "real deal", so I did what any desperate intern would do, and said, "ABSOLUTELY!"  I was very nervous, because you are the one who is controlling what the anchors say, so if your too slow, or too fast they mess up!  I ran a trial run with one of the anchors, and decided I was ready.  Everything went very well for both shows thankfully! Although, I do have a funny moment to share: When they cut to the weather the anchors change the teleprompter screens to where they can see the graphics, and weatherman.  I however, did not know this, and I had been instructed beforehand not to mash a certain button, because it would cut the screen off!  I was panicking thinking I had mashed the button, so I frantically motioned for the camera guy who reassured me that the anchors had mashed the button to clear the screen, and the teleprompter would re-appear as soon as weather was finished! Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment