Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to blog and it has been quite a while too! To recap the weekend, Blake and I babysat The Blackwell children Saturday and they were very good and always fun! Serah the oldest was going to the Jonas brothers concert for her birthday Sunday. So I helped her make a poster for the concert! I love artsy stuff so that was right up my alley! We had glitter on us and all over the kitchen! Thankfully I cleaned it up before Mark and Candi arrived home! Her poster says "I'm Paranoid over Nick! The poster referred to their song "Paranoid" and the youngest member of the group Nick. If your not familiar with the Jonas Brothers they are three brothers who sing together and pretty popular with tweens and teens.


Then Sunday we went to church and after eating lunch I went home with Blake. We went with his parents to Desoto Falls. The water was very low but it was still pretty and also very humid!





My life jacket had been at Blake's house ever since we went rafting and Blake and I got the idea to put it on Julio his dog last night! He looked so funny and we laughed and laughed at him!

Today I slept late and then went to the grocery store and bought ingredients to make a homemade strawberry cake! I have the photos below to show my steps! I spent like two hours making this cake and I really hope it tastes as good as it looks! I will have to let you know how it tasted!


In the oven ready to bake!
It is a strawberry cake but i wanted to be sure and get double antioxidants in it so I added blueberries too! Besides it made it more colorful to decorate!


Finished product! I was so proud!


HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CAKE
CAKE:
1pkg plain white cake mix
1pkg strawberry gelatin
1 cup mashed strawberries with juice
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole milk
4 large eggs

FROSTING:
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1 stick of butter
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mashed strawberries (drained)

Preheat oven to 350F

Lightly grease two 9 inch round pans. Set pans aside.

Place cake mix, strawberry gelatin, mashed strawberries, oil, milk, and eggs in large mixing bowl and beat on low speed for one minute.

Strawberries should be well blended.

Divide batter among pans and place in oven.

Bake cakes until lightly brown (about 28-30 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 40 minutes.

PREPARE FROSTING:
Combine cream cheese and butter and mix on low speed for a minute. Add sugar and strawberries. Blend frosting on low until sugar is incorporated.

To assemble, place one cake layer on plate and spread top with frosting, add another cake layer and frost the top, add last cake layer and frost the top. Use remaining frosting for the sides of the cake.

Optional: Place fresh strawberries on top of frosting for decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment