Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yesterday morning I woke up and went and had breakfast with mom and dad. We then headed to the mall for me to look for a wedding gift and mom to look for a shower gift. After we found our gifts in the Belk home store we somehow ended up in the dress section at Belks! lol I love shopping for sales at Belks and mom and I are very good at finding some great stuff at awesome prices in there. I found a darling little Calvin Klein dress to wear to the wedding Blake and I were going to that evening. The price tag had $100.00 on it and I was not going to give that for it so I was really hoping it was on sale. Lucky me, it was and on top of that mom had a coupon! Woo hoo for coupons! I got the dress for $60.00 tax and all! By the time we finished shopping we were hungry and ready for some lunch. So me mom and dad tried The Flip Side Cafe that opened recently. It is in the same building that Taco bell beside the mall used to be in. They have totally redone the inside and made it so cute. They have basic sandwiches and croissants, paninis and the best part a bakery with all kind of yummy desserts! I got the chicken quesadilla and it was good. I tried my moms turkey sandwich. It was also good and had a cranberry mayonnaise on it which added a unique taste to it!


After we left there it was time to head home and let me get ready for the wedding Blake and i were headed to that evening. My friend Amanda Lacey got married last night. She and I know each other various ways. Her grandad was my pastor at my church for many years and was the one who baptized me. We had classes at Snead together and I also help babysit her cousins for her aunt and uncle sometimes. She and her groom were married at Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom in Springville, Al. It was gorgeous despite the rain! They originally were supposed to get married outside but the rain prevented that from happening. They moved everything inside and it still turned out beautifully! I wish them the best of luck on their new journey in life together!



You cannot tell very well from the photo but the ballroom where the reception was held was gorgeous!
The beautiful bride and her groom!




No comments:

Post a Comment