Saturday, September 5, 2009

RRROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL TTTTIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEE RRRRROOOOOOLLLLL! Can you tell how excited I am about the first Alabama football game? I have been anxiously counting down the days until kickoff! I spent all yesterday with my grandmother and my aunt who still lives at home with my grandmother. We started our morning off by having breakfast at Hardee's and my aunt had a doctor's appointment. After that we went downtown to the Gadsden Variety and Deli (formerly Nelson's) to shop and look around. My grandmother and aunt were browsing through the quilting and cross-stitching patterns and fabrics there and I became interested and decided I wanted to learn how to cross stitch and embroider. My grandmother bought me my first cross stitching pattern that after completed can then be turned into a quilt! I am so excited even though it is going to take a while to complete. I picked out different colors than the pattern showed. I chose bright pink, bright green, orange and a lighter bright green. I can not wait to see the finished product. My grandmother was so happy to teach me how to cross stitch and also did I mention I serged the edges on the fabric so it would not ravel? Well I did! She showed me how to surge on her surging machine and then told me it was my job to do the rest all by myself, I was a little nervous but did it! I only wish I had become more interested in it and had her already showing me how to do this stuff! She is so talented and can basically make anything! I love her so much and am so lucky that I have a grandmother that is still willing and able to show me this stuff!

Then last night we went with Blake's parents and brother Joe to eat at Los Arcos in Attalla. I am a total fajita girl when it comes to Mexican but for some reason I decided to try the fajita bowl and yuck I was not happy with it! It was not the same as my regular fajitas that come out still sizzling on the skillet! Then we went to First Friday in downtown Gadsden. I expected the crowds to be down significantly since it was Friday football night but was surprised it was still pretty crowded. We then went back to Blake's house and I cross stitched while he watched t.v. Haha I know were very exciting and wild aren't we! In my defense I was just really excited about this new hobby I have taken up! One more thing..... ROLL TIDE! At least I hope I am able to say that after the game tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment