Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sunday morning started out a little scary for my family. My aunt called my mom and told her to hurry to my "nanny's" house that something was wrong with her. My nanny and aunt live right down the road so if anything ever happens my nanny can get help quickly. My parents left me getting ready for church and rushed over to my Nanny's house. My nanny told my mom and aunt that she remembered passing out and when she came to she crawled to the phone to call my aunt. That broke my heart, because she lives alone. They went ahead and called the ambulance because all signs were pointing to a stroke. I went ahead and went to church and afterwards drove to Gadsden Regional to check on her. They still had her in a temporary room in the E.R. Now as you will notice from the photo below, I found myself a mask to wear. I may look silly, but let me just tell you, there were some sick looking people in the E.R. waiting room, and I do not have time to get the swine flu! I also used about a gallon of hand sanitizer they provided at every elevator and door at the hospital. My grandmother ended up having to stay two days in the hospital while they ran tests, but thankfully every test they ran came back great! The conclusion the doctors came to was that she might have had a really bad migraine that made her pass out and get sick afterwards,which can have stroke like symptoms. She is back home and resting for a speedy recovery!



Today I had lunch with Miss Meredith who I had a summer class with. She is super sweet! We have been meaning to schedule a lunch date for months and finally settled on one for today! We were able to catch up on so much before my class. She graduated in May and got a job soon after working for JSU as Admissions Counselor. Go Meredith! We ate at Casa Fiesta! Now I love me some Mexican and thought that Villa was all there was until......I was introduced Casa last year. When I eat Mexican I always get Chicken Fajitas and they have the BEST by far! I had planned on taking a photo but we got so busy catching up I forgot! Oh well there will definitely be another lunch date so next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment