Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello! I feel like it has been forever since I last blogged! To be honest with you I really haven't had anything to blog about, but.......I do today! So this past Friday was Blake's dad's birthday. When we went to eat with his parents Saturday night at Los Arcos Blake and I kept joking that we were going to get the waiters to sing to him for his birthday and he quickly informed us that wasn't necessary! Little did he know that Blake's brother Joseph who is fluent in Spanish had told our waiter in Spanish it was their dad's birthday! I think Jimmy (Blake's dad) knew we were up to something! Toward the end of the meal all the waiters came out and put the large sombrero on his head and sang to him! I managed to get a photo but, I'm pretty sure he would kill me if I put it on here! The celebration did not end there though! Oh yes two days after we are still going strong with birthday surprises! ha! Joseph scheduled a rafting trip for me, Blake, Rita (Blake's mom) and, Jimmy. We went on the Ocoee River through the Rolling Thunder River Company in Tennessee. If your not familiar with the rivers up there the Nantahala and Hiwassee rivers are the most calm and you can navigate them by yourself. The Ocoee which we were on is a little more intense the other two! You have a guide who helps direct you when to paddle and when not to. You also have to wear helmets! It was sooo much fun! We had a blast and not one of us fell out of the raft and trust me people did fall out, all around us in the other groups. They taught us that if you do fall out use the nose and toes approach where you want to keep both of those above the water so that your legs do not get broken, stuck or scratched on a rock! We had a great guide that made it fun! I am so ready to go back! Hope you enjoy the photos!
Me and Joe
They had people taking photos at certain parts of the river and here are a few!

Can you tell we were having fun?



Blake and I got soaked on this one!
We got to the place a little early so we waded out into where people on inner tubes float down and let me just tell you, this water was FREEZING! We could not feel our legs when we got out our legs were literally numb!

No comments:

Post a Comment