Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Today was a special day! First and foremost it was my wonderful mothers birthday! She would kill me if I dare mentioned how old she was so I won't; but, I will say I think she looks great for her age! After church dad and I took her to her favorite place to eat Red Lobster. For her present dad and I bought her some new Brighton earrings and necklace, well actually we let her pick out her present so of course she loved it! haha! I have to say I missed spending my usual Sunday afternoon with Blake today. He was playing in a disc golf tournament today in Athens. I know your probably sitting here reading this and saying to yourself "What in the world is Disc Golf"?! Trust me I asked the same thing to Blake when he first mentioned to me that he was interested in it. For starters go to this web address: http://www.disclife.com/whatis.shtml and this will explain the basics to you. I find it quiet boring but that is just me. Blake loves it! He has already played in three tournaments and won all three of them! Each time he has won he has been given more discs to add to the ones he already had and other things that include hats a chair. Before he left to play in the one in Athens today I made him promise that he would win or at least bring me back a pink disc and.....he did! After Blake got back home I went to see him, and he has two of the funniest dogs ever! Cocoa who is a chocolate lab, she is so loving and wants to be in your lap all the time licking on your face! Julio who is a Blue Heeler, he is full of energy and is opposite Cocoa he does not like to be held, he likes doing his own thing. Put those two together and they are hilarious to watch! They will play and chase each other all day if we would let them. I caught them in action this afternoon playing as you will see below. Before I go an update on my book, I have gotten to chapter 22 so far and I catch myself being so excited to pick it up again and read on and then not wanting to put it down when I choose a stopping point! Good Night!
My pink disc Blake won for me!


All of Blake's discs he has won including his chair and hat!
These are discs that you use to throw toward the basket.


This is the target that you aim for in Disc Golf with your disc it is called the basket.



Me and Cocoa


Julio and Cocoa


Precious Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment